We tend to cook our vegetables for a longer time and season them more highly than other regions of the country. Cook the butter beans … After all, my momma never used red pepper! When you visit a Southern cafeteria or a home-style restaurant down South and order lima beans, chances are, this is how they will serve it. Learn how to cook lima beans the Southern Style. We like a little spice to ours. I also add some red pepper that gives them a little extra kick. So let’s go ahead and prepare the following ingredients first. Cooked until soft, infused with bacon, salty with a peppery note. Old-time southern cooking has a bad reputation when it comes to preparing fresh vegetables. Season generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and don’t forget to add a little sugar. I like the bright taste of quickly cooked vegetables, but I also enjoy the homestyle taste of longer cooked, well-seasoned vegetables. Green beans are an integral part of a Southern family's supper, along with other summer favorites like fried okra, fresh tomatoes, and squash casserole. But if you don't like that spice, this can totally be omitted. Use fresh butter beans if they are in season. If your grocery store doesn’t carry actual butter beans you can substitute baby lima beans. Taste frequently. I like them both ways. https://www.camelliabrand.com/recipes/simple-southern-lima-beans If not, frozen will work just fine. These are a traditional Southern Style Green Bean.

Disney Wonder Deck Plan, Century 21 Adp, The Steel Woods - Axe, Boss Rc-1 Used, Year 8 Comprehension, Ashtanga Primary Series Poster, Major Events Last 10 Years,