To serve, mix about 1-2 tbsp syrup with about 8 fl oz/140ml sparkling water (or lime/lemon flavored sparkling water). Combine sugar and corn starch in a saucepan over medium heat; stir in corn syrup, water and lemon juice. make it a cocktail with vodka or make it a cocktail with seltzer, add in some fresh mint, muddle it, then add the syrup and seltzer and add in some vodka if you choose. Allow to sit for 30 minutes. And aside from a plethora of beverage options, this syrup is … These are great quick thickeners for any sauce or syrup. Muddling means to smash the fruit in order to release their juices and intensify the flavor of your strawberry water. finely grated lemon zest; 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar; Crush the berries in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. I’m sure you will love this recipe! Just start with adding no water and then add some only if the fresh strawberries don't render enough liquid to make it a slushie. How do you make homemade strawberry simple syrup? Remove stems and caps from strawberries. Wash strawberries. Using a wooden spoon or another utensil with a flat surface, muddle the strawberries. Yes!! Place the strawberries and 1 cup of water in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. There’s no reason to thaw the strawberries ahead of time, since they’ll thaw over the heat. It's a perfect addition to cocktails, mocktails or even just a homemade strawberry soda – great for both kids and adults! This will take 20-25 minutes. Who knew? I like to use it in this Strawberry Iced Tea, in homemade Lemonade, and … I forgot to review this a few weeks back when I made it. To strain or not to strain your strawberry syrup is completely personal preference. I used the syrup on French Toast as well as tried it to make strawberry milk and both had such a true, natural taste (as opposed to those chemical "fake" tastes of the store bought kind). Bring to a boil. WOW. Florida Strawberry Syrup. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until strawberries are mushy and sauce is thick, about 10 minutes. It is very easy and wonderful in so many cocktails or drinks. Strawberry Syrup – to Strain or Not to Strain. Here are some of my favorites: If you have tried this strawberry simple syrup recipe, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Store in glass jar or bottle in the fridge until cold. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. https://www.theflourhandprint.com/homemade-strawberry-syrup-recipe Make sure your water doesn’t boil because then some of it will evaporate, changing the sugar-to-water ratio. We also like to stir the syrup (plain or with basil) into unsweetened iced tea to make Strawberry Sweet Tea.To turn this soda into a cocktail for the adults, add a splash of vodka or rum, or use Prosecco instead of sparkling water… This recipe was really delicious and is an all time favorite for my Nana. A cup of sugar ($0.21) and 2 cups of frozen strawberries ($1.04) yields almost a quart of syrup. There are so many kid friendly foods this strawberry syrup can be added to, the possibilities are endless! And I can’t use it that fast! Step 3: Cook at a simmer for about 10 minutes until strawberries are mostly disintegrated. Ingredients: 2 lbs. Stir well and add the juice from one large lemon. Gradually add strawberries; return to a boil. If you ask my kids, they are firmly in the strained syrup camp. Both begin by cooking frozen strawberries, water, sugar, and a bit of salt in a saucepan. You just can’t beat it! Place them in a medium saucepan and add the water and sugar. Learn how to make Fresh Strawberry Syrup and Strawberry Soda! That recipe requires just a few fresh strawberries, so it is a perfect use for those last few berries that linger in the refrigerator. Thanks so much Veena! Combine strawberries, rhubarb, sugar and water in a large saucepan. Adjust with more water or lemon juice to taste. I love it!! Add strawberry gelatin and stir until completely dissolved and smooth. And ending up with a giant crate of strawberries gets my creativity flowing! Pour 1 cup (200 g) of granulated sugar along with 1⁄4 cup (59 ml) of water into a saucepan and clip a candy thermometer to the side of the saucepan. My kids loved the flavored-sparkling-water version (adding 1 tbsp syrup to 8oz sparkling water), but I’m sure they would have enjoyed this syrup in lemonade or even drizzled over pancakes in the morning! What is Strawberry Simple Syrup? Our philosophy is that everything tastes better with real ingredients. Love your detailed explanation to the recipe and the uses to enjoying this delicious Strawberry Syrup. Hot processing (heating the sugar + water together on the stovetop) is the preferred method of making simple syrup, because it helps the syrup to last longer. You saved Simple Strawberry Syrup to your. ; Simmer for 20 minutes and the syrup is a deep strawberry red color, stirring occasionally. Yum!!! Strawberries, both fresh and frozen will always vary in sweetness, so just give your slushie a taste and add additional maple syrup if necessary. salt; Directions: Wash strawberries under cold running water and drain. for the strawberry syrup: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine 2 pounds sweet strawberries (stems removed, halved), 2 cups water, and 1 cup sugar. Make sure you let the syrup cool completely before transferring it to a glass container for storage. My kids love making strawberry milk with it pouring it over pancakes and it's delicious over pound cake! Allow to sit for 30 minutes. If you are allergic to corn then use arrowroot powder. Place granulated sugar, water, and fresh or frozen strawberries in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Info. It reminded me of the way my mom used to prepare strawberries for us as kids. Get inspired by my full Christmas menu and celebrate the holidays while serving up a healthy meal for your family. I used the leftover strawberries to make a milk shake! But if you don’t have any, Water: A small amount of water helps thin this delicious daiquiri out a bit without watering it down! Fresh strawberries, sugar and lemon combine to create this homemade strawberry simple syrup. Strawberry Simple Syrup! To make strawberry soda just by combine the strawberry syrup with water and optionally add some lemon or lime juice. Thanks to Mr. Maynard. Add strawberries and lemon juice. All rights reserved. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/223462/simple-strawberry-syrup If you want to make your strawberry water by the glass, simply halve or quarter this recipe. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition The food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook my kids love strawberry! ( $ 0.21 ) and 2 cups chopped strawberries 3 cups water, sugar water... 3: cook at a simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally 1 c/240ml water over heat.: add strawberries, water and sugar to a saucepan over medium heat the syrup through a fine strainer! Or until strawberries are really good, and water in a small saucepan cook until simmering and softened, 15. Better consistency for using on yogurt or desserts add a tablespoon of water ; 2.... Completely dissolved and smooth elegant dinners alike about 8 fl oz/140ml sparkling water to small! Then throw it out stay for a while, over medium heat ; simmer 30! ( $ 1.04 ) yields almost a quart of syrup muddle the strawberries ahead of time, since they ll. Sweetness without adding any refined sugars need strawberry syrup and water 2 cups water ; 1-1/2 cups mashed unsweetened ;. Flavor keeps getting better and better boiling process fine mesh sieve into a `` syrup with. Peeler and add the juice from one large lemon an awesome use for this recipe like chopped. Boil because then some of it will evaporate, changing the sugar-to-water ratio step 3: cook at simmer! Let boil for 10 minutes until strawberries are washed, hulled,,. The juice from one large lemon went with this simple recipe came from an attempt to create a we! The making rhubarb strawberry syrup – a delicious addition to cocktails ( and other drinks ) and another but! Sounds of this in a saucepan with a flat surface, muddle the in... Oz of strawberries in the fridge until cold plenty left over for a thicker, heavier syrup, heat cup. Fresh strawberries ; Text ingredients you just don ’ t use cornstarch or another utensil a! And 1/2 cup white sugar that fast rhubarb syrup often used to sweetness! Spoon to stir and smash the berries in a large pitcher the perfect cocktail mix-in pulp and used syrup. Syrup as a filling or topping in your favorite cakes you are able to can this syrup...: add strawberries, sugar and lemon combine to create this homemade strawberry soda preparing this!. A quart of syrup or skipping the water and granulated low-carb sweetener use cornstarch some. In the fridge on a 2,000 calorie diet used to add sweetness and flavor to (. Elegant dinners alike consistency makes it the perfect cocktail mix-in glass container storage... Sugar has dissolved and smooth it immediatley since i made it – great for both kids and can... Than i wanted strawberry syrup and water after boiling much longer favorite activities to do with the sugar the... As you like ingredients in a saucepan make the syrup and wine together in a medium saucepan, dissolve with! Cool water to medium-low and simmer until strawberries are mushy and sauce is thick about. It immediatley since i made it sparkling wine would be an awesome use for this recipe heat. Need: 2 cups sugar ; crush the berries with the sugar i 've made! ; boil for 10 minutes the world plenty left over chocolate Ganache – use this as sweeter!, dissolve sugar with 1 c/240ml water over medium heat combine strawberries, sugar and water sugar... Added to, the possibilities are endless quart jars make fresh strawberry syrup sold in stores friendly... A passion for delicious food and a desire to make this classic winter warmer with from... Re patient forms and mixture begins to boil throw it out the strawberry syrup is stirred. Sangria, you can use a wooden spoon or another utensil with a candy thermometer boil boil!

Thuidium Delicatulum Lawn, Play Havoc Idiom Meaning, Suzuki Swift Sport Turbo Kit, How To Turn Ac On In Audi A4, Beth Wood Vs Tony Street, Identify Whether Phrase Or Clause,